If your goal is to be an excellent boss — and whose isn’t? — Google data can get you there.
Here are the 10 traits Google lists as critical to being a perfect boss:
1. You’re a good coach, using challenges as teaching moments.
2. You empower your teams without micromanaging them.
3. You know how to create an inclusive team environment.
4. You’re productive and results-oriented — not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
5. You’re a good communicator.
6. You support your employees’ career development.
7. You have a clear vision and strategy for your team.
8. You possess key technical skills.
9. You collaborate effectively.
10. You’re a strong decision maker.
And while these are all on-the-money tips, every leader is in a unique role. So to some extent, you have to tap into what feels right with YOUR team. But this list is certainly a good starting point.
Information from Google’s Project Oxygen, Manager Feedback Survey via Rework.