Curious which of your employees are flight risks?
IBM is patenting an algorithm to help companies predict which employees are apt to quit with alleged 95% accuracy. But it’s not enough to know who’s at risk for leaving.
You also need to know why.
And specifically, what you’re doing wrong.
An article in HBR called out “8 Things Leaders Do That Make Employees Quit.” They are:
1. Setting inconsistent expectations
2. Having too many process constraints
3. Wasting your resources
4. Putting people in the wrong roles
5. Assigning boring or overly easy tasks
6. Failing to create a psychologically safe culture
7. Creating a work environment that’s TOO safe
8. Leading with bias
If you want to lower your attrition rates, you have to work on your leadership first.