What makes a leader, a leader?
Ask ten different people and you’ll get ten different answers. Here’s one list of potent leadership traits from the Harvard Business Review, it lists five emotional intelligence traits effective leaders must possess.
1. Self-awareness — which can look like self-confidence, to a degree, but includes a realistic self-assessment and, often, a self-deprecating sense of humor
2. Self-regulation — the ability to control disruptive impulses and moods
3. Motivation — a passion for one’s work that goes beyond seeking money or status
4. Empathy — being able to tap into understanding the emotions and experiences of people you work with
5. Social skills — the ability to manage relationships and build networks